26 May 2009

Cant Yet Accept

I look at my reflection in the mirror
And I can see her laughing through her tears
All I can fake is one more smile
Underneath I am still in denial
I thought missing you was only for a day
I thought needing you would go away

Why do I see you in everything I do
Why does the sunshine remind me of you
Sometimes in my heart or when I hear your name
I think of the day I lost you, there's still so much pain
Things you said to me, I will never, ever forget.
Words like "love", "meant to be" just words, not heaven sent.

You always took my breath away
I can't believe you didn't stay
I understand you did what you had to do
But it seemed too soon for us to be through
Then the dreaded day when I made the wrong choice
I still can't fathom the tone in your voice
It feels as though my life is falling apart
You left my life but you stayed in my heart
Now I'm experiencing that my spirit is dying
You're gone forever, what's the use in trying?

Constantly people always change, believe me, I understand this.
In four months seems so strange, even you couldn't keep a promise.
You left without a backward glance
Not even giving me a second chance
You're shadow will have to do for now
Because that's all that you will allow

There's not a minute that goes by every hour of every day
When I don't think about why it was that we drifted so far away
I drown in days of remorse and remember
That awful day in early September
I can barely even make myself eat
Wondering if my life will ever again be complete
I try to be happy and not so depressed
Up until now my feelings I kept suppressed
Why can't I just get you out of my mind?

The joyous side of my heart I can no longer find
I pray that you'll come back, I wonder if I'm in your mind
So much I want to share with you; don't care if love is blind
As you drift away there's nothing I want more
Than to feel your love again, as I've never felt before
You came into my life as quickly as you left it
Every morning I dread that I will have to face it

Maybe we had moved too fast
And that's the main reason that we didn't last
I try to keep my tears bottled up deep inside
But sometimes they're so overwhelming; I just can't seem to hide
I often cry over cherished memories
All of my tears could cover the seas
How many more sorrow-filled days must go by
Until I learn the lesson: it does no good to cry

Worried I would breakup with you; this topic always seemed to come
Tides change, now you dumped me; it's forever set and done
The words are running out, there's nothing left to do
But to wait and to hope, that someday I'll get over you
So if sometimes it seems to you that I'm clinging to the past
It's mostly because I can't yet accept that our love didn't last

0 comments: